pl us
start1
Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight it is a combination of Tritium and Fiber Optics lighting. I always have been wondering what this kind of lighting exactly means, so I have searched and I'm describing here.

Tritium - use of tritium gas and phosphoric tube, as well as the phenomenon of electroluminescence. This type of solutions we will find in e.g. watches, which clock hands are lighting at night. Tritium emits light only in dim surroundings, so in the day it looks like white, non-luminous spot.

Fiber Optics - it's a transparent wire made of Silica material (silicon dioxide, quartz glass), used as currently the best transmission and luminescent conductor, i.e. light. From currently developed conductors, this one shows the smallest losses on great conducting distances. Quartz glass is applied in replacement of ordinary glass everywhere where ultraviolet transmission is important.

Combination of these two solutions of light conduction gives us a device that does not need batteries to power supply and is water resistance up to 100 m, because all elements are permanently sealed. Due to the fact that Acog is optics with fixed magnification, there was added a miniature collimator Trijicon RMR, which task will be to quick target capture in CQB tasks (Close Quarters Battle).

Zoom 3.5 and lens of 35 mm Dual Illuminated Green Chevron, I believe that the target point in green is currently the best option. It's faster and has more precise guidance on target than in the red. RMR collimator has a red spot with size of 3.5 MOA and this size is perfect at short distances, I meant here the distance up to 35 meters, at greater distance the small spot could be within the limits of 2 MOA. But this collimator aims to short distances, so Trijicon exactly thought over the best solution.

Markings on the gun sight can help in fast guiding at distances from 50 m up to 800 m plus collimator gives us the full range from 0 m to 800 m. Of course, we must remember that this is device for quick guidance on target, rather than the sniper device to precise shooting. Optics, i.e. clarity and depth of glass are a definitely high shelf, looking through this lens at once we will feel the optics value of this device.

And now let's introduce this lighting solution of target point, i.e. Tritium and Fiber Optics. I was wandering, how it will work in dark rooms, because it was known from the beginning that it works perfectly in day time. Trijicon surprised me very positively, I covered the fibre-optics and I went from the dark room to completely black and the sighting point was always visible. This product is definitely a high-quality, which meets the operator's expectations.